Who Is Eligible For Burial?
Any of the following satisfies eligibility requirements for burial in the Twentynine Palms Public Cemetery:
- decedent is a resident or taxpayer of the District
- decedent owns burial rights in the cemetery*
- decedent is a family member of a District resident or taxpayer*
- decedent is a family member of a person already buried in the Twentynine Palms Public Cemetery*
- decedent is a family member of a former resident or taxpayer of the District who owns burial rights in the District*
- decedent is a non-resident not otherwise eligible who does not live within 15 miles of a private cemetery.*
- decedent is a non-residents serving on active duty in the armed forces or active militia or while in the line of duty as a peace officer or fireman providing certain other criteria are met...
- Non-Resident fees must be charged when one does not reside or own property within the Cemetery District boundaries
- An amount must be deposited in the Endowment Care Fund --(established by the cemetery trustees but can not be less than $1.50 a square foot of grave plot)
* a non-resident fee MAY be assessed
Our District boundaries extend north into the Marine Corps base, east past the Dale Mine area, south into the National Park, and west to Lee/Bourland Pass Road. District residents support the District with a small portion of their property taxes.
If you have any questions, please call us and we will help you to determine eligibility. Thank you.
Map of the Twentynine Palms Cemetery District
View map full screen.